Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users
Posted by Ivo Hirt on October 26, 2000 at 07:44:50:
In Reply to: Performance trouble posted by Kjell-Olov H?dahl on October 23, 2000 at 11:06:57:
I had the same problem until yesterday.
The time for checking out approx. 4000 files into an empty
workspace increased from 8 minutes to more than 35 minutes!
I tried to apply the MS Access tuning scripts, but CopyIndexes
always returned an error ('Index or primary key cannot contain
a Null value'). I used the MS Access client to inspect the DB.
The table 'Files_Status_info' contained an empty record.
After having deleted manually this empty record, I was able
to run the tuning scripts and the performance problem disappeared.
BTW: Running the repair tools did not fix the problem with the empty
The following points may also increase the performance:
- Increase the Buffer Size in the ODBC manager to 8192 KB
- Purge old Audit entries if Audit is enabled
- Run the MS Access tuning scripts
- Compact the DB
- Install the newest Java VM (comes with Internet Explorer 5.5)
- Install the newest Service Pack
Post a Followup